Scholarships for International StudentsPublished: 2016-09-30 Views: 3063
Chinese Government Scholarships:
The Chinese government provides full or partial scholarships to international students. Full scholarships cover tuition, accommodation, food, healthcare and insurance costs. Partial scholarships cover one or several items covered by full scholarships.
- University Postgraduate Program (full scholarship): International applicants for programs toward a master’s degree or a PhD can apply directly to XMU’s Admissions Office between February 1 and March 31 each year.
- Sino-US Cultural Exchange Scholarship (full scholarship): American students who wish to pursue their postgraduate degree education can apply directly to XMU’s Admissions Office between February 1 and March 31 each year.
- Chinese Government Marine Scholarship (full scholarship): The scholarship is to support outstanding students from coastal/island countries in China’s South Sea, the Pacific and Indian Oceans or developing African countries to study in China for a mater's or doctoral degree in oceanography or other related fields. Applicants who are engaged in fields related to oceanography will be given preference. Applications can be submitted directly to XMU’s Admissions Office between February 1 and April 30 each year.
- Chinese Government Scholarships for Specific Countries (full or partial scholarships): Candidates of all categories can apply for this scholarship. They can apply through the educational office of Chinese embassy or consulate in their country between January and April each year.
- Ministry of Commerce Scholarships (MOFCOM Scholarship) (full scholarships): The scholarship mainly sponsors talents from recipient countries to pursue their postgraduate degree education in China. Applicants can apply through the Economic and Commercial Counsellor's office (ECCO) of the Chinese Embassy in their country between January and April each year.
Xiamen University Institutional Code: 10384
Scholarships supported by Confucius Institute Headquarters:
Confucius Institute Scholarship
This scholarship is administered by China’s Confucius Institute Headquarters with a view to encouraging students and Chinese language teachers from all over the world to study or do research in Chinese language and culture. The scholarship is offered to applicants for Master of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL). Holders of this scholarship are exempt from tuition and are given subsidies for accommodation, food, medical and insurance costs. Applications should contact with the Confucius Institute in their home countries, make online application at http://cis.chinese.cn/ and choose Xiamen University as the host university.
Application time: Scholarship recruitment is open all year round on a trial basis in 2016.
Fujian Provincial Government Scholarships for International Students (partial scholarship)
To promote international exchange and cooperation between Fujian Province and the rest of the world, Fujian Provincial Government has set up this scholarship in 2012 to finance international students’ studies in Fujian in an undergraduate, master’s or doctoral program. The scholarship will cover tuition, accommodation and cost of course materials only for one academic year. Applicants can apply directly to XMU’s Admissions Office between February 1 and May 20 each year.
XMU Scholarship for International Students
- XMU Scholarships for New International Students:
XMU offers scholarships to doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degree candidates. Scholarship recipients will have their tuitions covered (a maximum of 4 years for doctoral programs, 2-3 years for master's programs, 4-5 years for undergraduate programs). Moreover, XMU provides monthly living allowances for outstanding master’s or doctoral candidates in accordance with the standards of Chinese Government Scholarships. Applicants can apply directly to XMU’s Admissions Office between February 1 and April 30 each year.
- XMU Scholarships for Exceptional International Students
XMU awards scholarships to international students who have turned in an exceptional performance in their studies at XMU toward a bachelor’s or master’s or doctoral degree. This scholarship is awarded annually in April during the celebrations of Xiamen University’s anniversary.
Detailed information on scholarships is available at http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn